From a Princess to a Queen – Enrichment Program
The program centers on young ladies from the ages of 13-17. Many of our young ladies grow into adulthood lacking fundamental skills in the areas of social interaction, financial management and leadership which are fundamental for survival in today’s economy.
The program is designed to Equip, Empower, and Enrich the lives of all participants. The program includes Self-awareness and Improvement, Etiquette, Healthy Life Styles, Financial Management, Career Development, Building Self-esteem and Life Skills. Those attending the program will develop improved personal morals and values which will result in a life of moral and spiritual excellence. In addition, the participants will enhance their quality of life and become productive citizens, adding value into the communities where they live, attend school and worship.
Welcome Session: — Registration, Program Overview, Expectations from the Parents and from the Young Ladies.
- Etiquette – “DIVA – Divine Inspiration for a Virtuous Attitude” This session focuses on the impact of a person’s attitude, posture for walking, standing, sitting, dinning etiquette and table manners.
- Building Self-esteem – “The Leader in You” This session focuses on low, healthy and high self-esteem. Teaching young ladies how to love themselves first, equipping them with solutions to various real life scenarios.
- Financial Management – “Making Cents out of Dollars” This session covers the fundamentals of Mastering Your Money through banking, credit card debt, budgeting and investment basic.
- Health and Wellness – “Your Body is a Temple” The session focuses on the basics of cleanliness, the reproductive organs, STD’s, good nutrition and proper exercise.
- Career Development – “Know Your Worth” This session stimulates the young ladies to move forward with their dreams whether whether going to college or to a technical training school or starting their own business. Focusing on college preparation, interview techniques and elevator speehes.
- Sewing Essentials– “Vision/Dream Sewing Project” This session is designed to think outside of the box. Each young lady will use her talent, having the opportunity to create a Vision Board consisting of inspiring words, pictures and symbols.
Graduation – Covenant Luncheon – A Luncheon designed to honor the young ladies for their achievement. Certificate of completion and Tiara Crowning will be awarded to each Young Lady completing the program. Prior to the Reception each Young Lady will write a covenant letter to herself with a designated date to be opened.